This is meant to be a placeholder post on the issue of domestic discipline and patriarchy. There is no article but the comments section could be quite long. This topic comes up inevitably on various patriarchy discussion, and the idea is to create a place for people to discuss this topic without any rules.
- Be as explicit as you want
- Feel free to ask questions, any questions and hopefully someone will answer
- If you want to post anonymously please sign the post with some sort of fake handle to keep the various anonymous posters threads clear
There are thousands of weblinks on this topic a small sample:
- Hostile article on about.com
- Christian Domestic Discipline Blog
- Traditional Christian Marriage
- Wordpress links on Domestic Discipline
- Vickie Blue
- Domestic Discipline real life story (R rated)
- I consider DD to be part of the BDSM umbrella
- I don't consider the practice immoral or oppressive
- I see lots of evidence that what's going on is that CDDers are using patriarchy as a fantasy backdrop, to their play. That doesn't mean they may not genuinely believe in traditional roles and/or see these roles as biblically sanctioned.
- I think patriarchy has lots of D/S themes but I see no evidence that a large percentage of the woman involved are either sexually or non sexually masochistic.
Well the discussion deadlocked. I'm going to discuss this more in a future post. Moreover, in trying to achieve a goal to far I violated my own integrity regarding best possible sources by not including, the bondage.com link. I'm repenting and fixing that now