- Disagreement with you or your theology does not equal disagreement with God. Quit treating those who don’t accept your arguments as if they have rejected the gospel.
- Quit assuming things in your arguments that you refuse to affirm in their propositional form
- Admit it, you really don’t understand this as well as your confidence seems to indicate
- If what you are trying to articulate has contradictions (no human answer), admit it up front and don’t try to white wash that truth
- Don’t retreat to the theological hail mary, unless you are willing to let your opponent use the same shtick
- If you find yourself agitated and incredulous, go read 2 Timothy 2:19-25 with special attention to verse 24
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Tom over at NeoFundamentalist had a great list of points which I think are terrific for any Christian debate. So I'm reposting them here (slightly decontextualized):